When a client enters into a relationship with an attorney, there are expectations from all parties involved. The list below highlights a few of the client’s rights and responsibilities that align with the CA Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Competent and diligent representation
- Attorney can’t encourage illegal conduct
- Attorney must avoid conflicts of interests and remain loyal
- Client’s information must be confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure
- Understand the fee agreement and the scope of the work that the attorney will perform
- Pay the lawyer’s fees in accordance with the fee agreement
- Request an explanation from the attorney if the client is dissatisfied with the work
- Must honestly and fully explain their legal problem so the attorney can help
- Keep the lawyer informed of current developments that may affect the case
- Make reasonable requests for information from the attorney but don’t burden their time
If you have any questions about your obligations as an employer, please contact us at email@example.com or reach out to your Mitzel Group, LLP attorney directly.