Ready for lawyers who are also entrepreneurs?
The Mitzel Group knows how to bring your company to success because we’ve done it for ourselves. We aren’t just another law firm — we are business owners like you. We understand the importance of using the law as a business strategy. Whether you need assistance with business + corporate law, new media and privacy law, or business succession planning, our Corporate Law team is here for you.
Business and Corporate Law
We represent and counsel clients in all types of corporate work, both domestic and international, from the importance of forming your new company on a solid foundation to the structuring of sophisticated business transactions to day-to-day corporate housekeeping, we know how to keep our clients ahead of the game.
Our business law and risk management services include:
- Representation in all business transactions
- Corporate structuring
- Preparation of partnership, operating, and other entity agreements
- Corporate finance
- Copyright and trademark registration and licensing
- Analysis and strategies surrounding business succession planning
- Commercial lease review
New Media and Privacy Law
The Mitzel Group brings together our expertise from intellectual property, privacy law, and risk management. With increased web presence and use of new technologies comes increased legal risks with regard to personal and enterprise liability.
Our services in new media and privacy law include
- Negotiating agreements with e-commerce, advertising, and search partners
- Outbound and inbound technology licensing
- Software and content licensing
- Social media policy for employees
- Defamation and online reputation
Business Succession Planning
Businesses often face situations that raise unexpected and serious ownership questions. We can create effective business succession plans that outline the disposition of an owner’s interest in the event they or a co-owner passes away, become incapacitated or disabled, retires, or leaves the business.
The Mitzel Group works with businesses of all sizes and helps business owners navigate the legal obstacles associated with business succession planning, including:
- Closely-held business succession planning
- Exit strategies
- Buy-sell agreements
- Business restructuring
- Family limited partnerships or limited liability companies