The Mitzel Group is a team of lawyers that people actually want to spend time with...yes, even with each other!
Our lawyers are motivated, experienced, and strategic…sound like you?
We offer a positive ecosystem for our lawyers because we only hire top-performing lawyers who love to deliver high-quality results for clients while also fitting into our firm’s unique culture.
ATTORNEY – EMPLOYMENT LAW: Litigation, Dispute Resolution, Advice & Counseling.
We are an established boutique firm in downtown San Francisco seeking a motivated and business-savvy attorney to join our team while growing and expanding their book of business. The ideal candidate would have 7+ years of litigation experience of any kind but employment defense experience would be preferred. There is an opportunity to grow into leadership and management positions as well as receive training and mentorship regarding growing your own book of business. We pride ourselves in being entrepreneurs who happen to be lawyers.
Our unique firm is located in the heart of the Financial District of San Francisco, and we have a hybrid work schedule. Our attorneys work collaboratively with clients to establish, maintain, and expand long-term relationships. Candidates must be interested in exploring the nuances of various substantive areas of employment and labor law and have experience with litigation, government audits and dispute resolution.
Attorneys are required to conduct research, develop strategies in employee relations matters, prepare legal documents, draft motions, attend court hearings, take depositions, and provide regular updates to clients and partners, among other expectations and duties. The ideal candidate will be proactive and comfortable advising a broad range of clients in the hospitality, technology, manufacturing, and professional service industries as most of this position is advice and counseling. There will also be opportunities to engage in business development and activities to support the firm on various initiatives.
Our team is made up of highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals. As such, our firm values open and consistent communication and resourcefulness. We take pride in both the excellent legal services we provide to our clients, as well as our collegial firm atmosphere. Candidates must be a team player and have strong communication and client interaction skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law Degree from ABA accredited law school.
- Current membership and good standing with California Bar.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in litigation, preferably labor & employment law.
- General business litigators with an interest in transitioning to employment may also be considered.
- Prior experience in a law firm or professional environment.
- Excellent research and drafting abilities and resource utilization.
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work cooperatively, think strategically, and is a proactive problem solver.
- Warm, calm, professional phone, and email communications skills — including with colleagues, clients, and vendors.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging personality.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite, law firm billing and case management software.
The opportunity is for a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and metrics.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates. To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample and separate cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.