Krista L. Mitzel
Founder & Managing Partner
As an employment attorney and human resources expert, Krista L. Mitzel brings extensive experience as she works with executives and human resource professionals to create preventative strategies in all areas of employment law and general business best practices. She partners with companies to create comprehensive strategies on all employment, human resources, business and risk management issues and directs and manages all litigation matters to a successful resolution.
Prior to founding The Mitzel Group, Krista worked for various prestigious law firms where she represented Fortune 50 clients in high-stakes disputes. She was inspired to attend law school after working with Senator Dianne Feinstein Washington DC and other local politicians in the Bay Area in the late 1990s. She was active in her law school as a member of the Law Review staff, president of the Women’s Law Association, and freelance writer for The National Jurist.
Krista continues to be actively involved in organizations that support women in leadership. She acts as the membership chairman for the San Francisco chapter of the Women Presidents’ Organization and leading the Bay Area Womens’ Affinity Group for a professional business development group Provisors. She served as an adjunct professor at Golden Gate University Law School where she taught and mentored fledgling attorneys on Legal Writing and Research best practices. She is a frequent speaker at conferences and is a sought-after fixer for a company’s stickiest situations that other lawyers were unable to resolve.
- Served as second-chair on a race discrimination trial.
- Secured multiple preliminary injunctions against former employees for trade secret infringements.
- Negotiated multi-party settlements in both state and federal court.
- Successfully argued on appeal an ERISA long-term disability dispute before the 9th Circuit panel on behalf of New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (“NUMMI”) Disability Insurance Income Plan and Life Insurance Company of North America.
- State Bar of California
- Northern District Court
- Eastern District Court
- Southern District Court
- Central District Court
- Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
- Member of Law Review
- University of California at Berkeley, English and Political Science
- Provisors, Bay Area Womens’ Affinity Group Leader
- Women Presidents’ Organization, San Francisco Chapter Membership Chair
- Women for Winesense, HR Roundtable Co-Chair
- SF Symphony
- Dress for Success
- Women Who Lead
- Help a Mother Out
- Employment Law