Lisa W. Liu
Lisa W. Liu brings unique insight to her work as a business and immigration attorney. As an entrepreneur herself, Lisa uses her wide breadth of knowledge of corporate law, finance, and overall business practice to understand the big picture when it comes to her client’s business game plan. She guides businesses beyond mere compliance, using the intricacies of the law to develop new and competitive strategies for overall business growth. Whether your need is business and corporate law, new media and privacy, financing, mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, entity formation, or general outside counsel aid, Lisa is not only able to bring her years of legal and finance experience to the table but she always strives to provide a new fresh perspective to keep your business on track.
Lisa also has exclusive insight into navigating the immigration process from both an employee and employer perspective. She helps foreign and domestic businesses with all aspects of corporate and business transactions, as well as assists business owners, managers, and employees work through challenging immigration issues, including various visa eligibility and naturalization issues as well as work-sire immigration compliance issues (I-9 compliance).
Lisa began her career in investment banking at Goldman Sachs then worked for several prestigious boutique law firms where she represented high-profile clients in a variety of corporate matters. Lisa finds herself today at The Mitzel Group because it allows her to truly connect with people from small-and-medium-sized businesses on a more intimate level where she can provide more client-specific and unique legal counseling.
Outside the office, Lisa serves as a member of several professional and community groups. Most notably she is the Legal Director for Parents’ Club of Palo Alto and Menlo park and she currently sits on the board of Habitat Transitional Shelters, a for-profit company trying to solve transitional shelter issues for the homeless and displaced.
- Negotiated agreements with e-commerce, advertising, and search partners
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of New York
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- M.Sc., London School of Economics and Political Science, European Political Economy
- B.A.Tufts University, Japanese and International Relations with a concentration in International Finance
- Mandarin – fluent
- Japanese – conversational
- Guest Lecturer
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Member
- Provisors, Member
- Rotary International (Palo Alto University Rotary), Member
- Board of Palo Alto, Member
- Menlo Park Parents’ Club, Legal Director
- Habitat Transitional Shelters, Board Member
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Immigration Law