Ernie D. Mejia
Ernie Mejia brings fresh energy to our labor & employment law team. From onboarding new employees to supporting clients through employee separation when necessary, Ernie works with clients to assist them with the complex HR side of operating a business. In addition, he works on creating and updating employee handbooks to ensure compliance with the ever-changing local, state and federal employment laws.
Prior to joining The Mitzel Group, Ernie worked for Family-Based Immigration at the Law Offices of Gene Sverdlov, Employment-Based Immigration at Fragomen Worldwide, and Employment Law for the United States Postal Services. During his time in law school, he was a leader and exemplary scholar. As part of the Academic Support Program, he tutored other students in Civil Procedure I, Property I, Constitutional Law I & II, and Evidence. He also served as a first-year moot court coach and was the Executive Editor of USF’s Law Review Vol. 53.
Ernie currently participates in USF’s Academic and Bar Exam Success Program (ABES) mentoring current students on preparing for the California state bar exam.
- The State Bar of California
- J.D., University of San Francisco, School of Law
- Member of Law Review
- Academic Excellence Award
- University of California, San Diego, Political Science
- University of San Francisco – Academic Excellence
- University of San Francisco – Best Student Note awarded to the student who presented the note that was either published or of publishing quality.
- Civil Procedure II and Sexuality Law – CALI Award for highest grade
- Spanish – fluent
- “El Peligro De Ser Igual: The Danger of Being the Same” In Willamette Journal of Social Justice and Equity
- “A Damaging Cure: Queer Youth and Conversion Therapy” in Florida A&M University Law Review
- Author Speaking Series, Willamette University’s Social Justice and Equity Law Symposium April 2019
- Labor and Employment Law