“The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure”
– Françoise Bertaut de Motteville
Associate Attorney – Labor and Employment
We are seeking a motivated and business savvy attorney to join our team. We are an established small firm seeking a labor and employment attorney with 4-6 years of experience practicing labor and employment law to join our firm which is located in the Financial District of San Francisco. Our unique firm works collaboratively with clients to establish and maintain long term relationships. Candidates must be interested in exploring the nuances of various substantive areas of employment and labor law and have experience with litigation, government audits and dispute resolution.
Attorneys are required to conduct research, develop strategies in employee relations matters, prepare legal documents, draft motions, attend court hearings, take depositions and provide regular updates to clients and partners, among other expectations and duties. The ideal candidate will be proactive and comfortable advising a broad range of clients in the hospitality, technology, manufacturing and professional service industries. There will also be opportunities to engage in business development and activities to support the firm on various initiatives.
Our team is made up of highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals. As such, our firm values open and consistent communication and resourcefulness. We take pride in both the excellent legal services we provide to our clients, as well as our collegial firm atmosphere. Candidate must be a team player and have strong communication and client interaction skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Law Degree from ABA accredited law school.
- Current membership and good standing with California Bar.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in the practice of labor & employment law and related litigation.
- Prior experience in law firm or professional environment
- Excellent research abilities and resource utilization
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work cooperatively, think strategically, and is a proactive problem solver
- Excellent phone and email communications skills — including with colleagues, clients and vendors
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging personality
- Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite, law firm billing and case management software
The opportunity is for a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and small firm metrics.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates. To apply, please submit your resume and separate cover letter