“The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure”
– Françoise Bertaut de Motteville
Corporate Associate Attorney
We are seeking a motivated and business savvy attorney to join our team. We are an established small firm seeking a corporate transactional attorney with 3-6 years of experience practicing corporate law to join our firm which is located in the Financial District of San Francisco. Our unique firm works collaboratively with clients to establish and maintain long term relationships. Candidate must be a team player and have strong communication and client interaction skills.
The primary responsibility for this position will be to support the firm’s corporate practice area. The candidate will be expected to be knowledgeable in general corporate transactions, with experience in M&A transactions, drafting entity formation documents, advising clients with fundraising rounds, advising clients with regard to intellectual property and trademark registration, and general corporate advice and counseling. Other responsibilities will include conducting research, developing strategies, preparing legal documents and providing regular updates to partners and clients. There will also be opportunities to engage in business development and activities to support the firm on various initiatives.
Our team is made up of highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated individuals. As such, our firm values open and consistent communication and resourcefulness. We take pride in both the excellent legal services we provide to our clients, as well as our collegial firm atmosphere. The ideal candidate should be prepared to join a genuinely collaborative environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Law Degree from ABA accredited law school
• Current membership and good standing with California and/or New York State Bar
• A minimum of 3 years experience in the practice of corporate law
• Prior experience in law firm or professional environment
• Experience advising, maintaining, and forming corporate entities in California, Nevada and Delaware
• Experience with general intellectual property law and familiarity with USPTO registration process
• Experience drafting fundraising round documents, such as private placement memoranda, purchase agreements, shareholder agreements, investment term sheets, capitalization tables, etc.
• Experience at drafting and redlining contracts
• Excellent research abilities and resource utilization
• Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work cooperatively, think strategically, and is a proactive problem solver
• Excellent phone and email communications skills — including with colleagues, clients and vendors
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an engaging personality
• Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite, law firm billing and case management software
The opportunity is for a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and small firm metrics.